Class 5 Sanitary Truck Operator
Quest Disposal & Recycling Inc. - Vegreville, AB
Quest Disposal & Recycling Inc. has a well maintained fleet to serve our clients and convenience our employees. We offer a competitive pay package including benefits, vacation pay, and always strive for a good home and work life balance.
If you are looking for a position with a well-established transportation company, with great growth potential here’s your chance to join our team!
We are currently in need of a Full Time Sanitary Truck Operator, for our Vegreville, AB location.
The purpose of the position is to safely transport toilet facilities, potable water, or engage in the removal of waste water/sewer from, client sites as well as maintain and service existing facilities. The employee will be expected to operate ANY machinery that the operator is licensed to operate. This will not be limited to a particular unit or type of truck.
Other duties will include but not be limited too delivery and pick up of roll-off bins, temporary fencing, or emptying of yard bins. General housekeeping and shop cleanup. Operation of skid steer and other equipment. Waste sorting. Minor mechanical repairs.
Only those being considered for employment will be contacted.
- Waste Sorting
- Minor Mechanical repairs
- General housekeeping and shop cleanup
- Delivery setup and removal of temporary fencing
- Delivery and Pickup of waste bins
- Transportation and Pickup of toilet facilities
- Transport of water or collection of waste material
- Loading and discharging of load
- Performance of pre/post trip maintenance inspections
- Maintenance of driver logs, and client ticket production.
- The level of commitment to safety on the highway, at the plant-sites and throughout every aspect of operating for Quest Disposal & Recycling is of critical importance.
- Drivers are expected to take all reasonable steps to perform to the highest safety standards.
- Drivers will be expected to perform both long-haul and/or multiple short-haul travel trips depending on where the client is located.
- Water and waste is either loaded or unloaded utilizing hoses connected to the unit’s on board pump.
- Drivers are expected to be physically fit and capable of positioning and connecting hoses utilizing proper lifting practices.
- Drivers are expected to operate trucks with a high degree of proficiency in varying road conditions, varying weather conditions and sometimes in congested plant areas.
- In site maintenance areas the driver may be expected to hook and un-hook hose connections repeatedly throughout the course of a shift achieving multiple pick-up (sewer) or drop (water) points.
- In the delivery of potable drinking water and in the interests of hygiene and health, strict guidelines must be followed to ensure the water is delivered in a pure and clean manner.
- All hoses and hook-ups must be handled carefully to ensure clients receive nothing less than perfect and untainted product.
- At all times, drivers are expected to strictly follow all transport rules and regulations, obey all posted speed limits (highway and client-site), drive in a manner that is courteous to other drivers, as well as to follow all site and municipal parking requirements.
- Drivers are also expected to take into consideration the variables of load weight and adverse road conditions and adjust their driving accordingly.
- Drivers are expected to exercise proper phone etiquette, comply with company phone policy and not allow phone usage to jeopardize the overriding requirement to always exercise proper care and attention while driving or performing job duties.
- Drivers are expected to be capable of operating the on-board pumps for safe and effective collection and discharge.
- Drivers are required, during new-hire truck training (or when assigned an unfamiliar unit), to make themselves familiar with the pumps controls.
- Drivers are expected to make themselves familiar with proper discharge points whether Municipal or at Client treatment plants. Also, drivers are expected to maintain a driver logbook, inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post trip), maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports and accident or incident reports.
- It is imperative that Drivers report all equipment damage, as and when it occurs, to supervision, HSE coordinator or both. Failure to report damage to equipment immediately could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Drivers are expected to be respectful, professional and courteous toward other employees and client representatives.
- Being in possession of the following Tickets would be considered and asset: First Aid, TDG, H2S AWARE, W.H.M.I.S, C.S.T.S.
- Fundamental requirements of all drivers are to:
- Maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Class 5 Driver's License
- Operate safely
- Notify supervision of any material changes in health or fitness including any course of medication that could affect the employee’s ability to operate
- To participate in modified work programs if a workplace injury is sustained
- To report any and all incidents that affect equipment, the employee, or others
- To wear all PPE as required in company policy, work areas and specific to client sites
- To abide by company D&A policy and maintain a commitment to abstaining from drugs during the course of employment.
Job Type :
- Full time
Job Location :
- Vegreville, AB and surrounding area.
Required education :
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)