A. Farber & Partners Inc., a member of part of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The firm helps individuals and businesses get out of debt, start rebuilding their lives again and Live Debt Free ®. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 70 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free®.
We are currently looking for a Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT) to join our team at our Edmonton office.
As the Licensed Insolvency Trustee, you will have three primary responsibilities:
- Focus on developing a consumer and small business practice in Edmonton and the surrounding region. We will assist you in the development and creation of a personal marketing plan and invest in that plan as appropriate.
- Farber’s marketing department will also provide you with leads where you will be involved with initial meetings with debtors to review their situation and recommend an insolvency solution. You may also be required to meet with creditors with respect to managing the creditors meetings and negotiating terms. Certain file administration duties may also be assigned. These duties will be carried out ensuring that the firm’s quality standards are met.
- As the practice develops, you will be supporting and supervising professionals and other staff members.
When acting as a LIT your duties will also include:
- Develop a book of business for new referral sources including other professionals (such as accountants and lawyers), credit and debt counsellors
- Perform initial meetings and assessments in Edmonton and satellite offices
- Be available as back-up within the region and other regions during LIT absences
- Accept new estate filings under your LIT license number as required
- Other management duties as assigned occasionally
- Attend the regional Court as needed
Education & Qualifications Required:
- 5 years minimum of experience in an insolvency practice required (not necessarily post-licensing experience)
- Completion of a university degree with a relevant field of study
- Self-starter and a multi-tasker with demonstrated focus on setting priorities
- Possess behaviours aligned with setting and meeting annual filing targets
- Ability to empathize with the client’s situation while offering professional advice and focusing on client satisfaction
- Effective interpersonal skills to motivate and mentor staff as well as facilitate positive outcomes for business promotional efforts
- Strong financial analytical skills and proficient with Excel
- Strong and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, logical; ability to navigate through issues and provide effective solutions
- Previous work experience in corporate insolvency and working on restructuring files is an asset
- Knowledge of insolvency industry software programs would be an asset
- Other professional designation(s) would be an asset
- Valid Alberta driver license and a reliable and insured vehicle
- Willing to travel to all satellite offices and on occasion, service locations to cover other LITs
- Attend team and management meetings at the Toronto head office
- Willing to accommodate clients for evening or weekend appointments as necessary to maximize opportunities
- At times of high volume within our professional organization, our Management (which includes all LITs), may be required to work hours as required to fulfill responsibilities
- Base Salary, plus incentive
- Expenses (including use of vehicle) are reimbursed as per the Firm policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- insolvency: 5 years (Required)
- Insolvency Trustee (Required)