Position: Media Sales Consultant
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Manager, Media Sales
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: Postmedia Integrated Advertising
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, self-motivated digital salesperson with a proven track record of results to join our top tier Toronto sales team.
The successful candidate will possess a keen knowledge of and ability to effectively position a variety of media solutions including SEM, Social, SEO, Website Development, Digital Display and Print. You will be responsible for identifying and developing new business relationships, while maintaining and growing an established client base. You will be able to demonstrate solution selling through uncovering needs and working with a team of media strategists to develop compelling advertising programs that demonstrate maximum ROI for your clients.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain close relationships with existing clients and sustain client loyalty to the Postmedia brand through holistic selling of both digital and print solutions.
- Build a sales pipeline by cultivating new business opportunities through cold calling, networking, lead generation, etc.
- Perform thorough needs assessments to fully understand customers’ needs and marketing goals, then work with the media strategist team to design a customized program to achieve your customers’ goals and KPIs.
- Analyze KPIs to build effective multi-media solutions; measure ROI.
- Achieve planned monthly and annual revenue targets.
Who you are:
- Are highly motivated to win – we don’t settle for second place.
- Embrace the challenge of hitting (and exceeding) both personal and professional goals.
- Are not afraid of cold calling – you enjoy the challenge of closing new business!
- Are always learning – aren’t afraid to say “I don’t know – let me find out for you”
- Are coachable! After all, two heads are better than one.
- Have a proven ability to problem solve in a variety of situations.
- Know the right time to ask for a client’s business.
- Understand the importance of and are focused on providing best-in-class customer service.
- Understand that consultative selling is the only approach.
- Have a history of consistently meeting and surpassing targets.
- Have a post-secondary education (marketing, sales, or another related discipline preferred).
- Be comfortable speaking with decision makers both on the phone and in person.
- Have a strong understanding of and presence on social media.
- Be self-motivated and constantly strive for self-improvement.
- Have strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Have excellent communication skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of the Agency, Auto, Retail and Cannabis industries.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and ownership of reliable vehicle.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please include a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2020
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application deadline: 2020-08-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent