Permanent Part-time (25 hours weekly – Flexible Hours)
Storefront Humber is a well-established non-profit community health care agency located in South Etobicoke. Storefront Humber was founded more than 45 years ago in West Toronto to assist a population of seniors and adults with disabilities who require supportive care to live safely in their homes and in the community. Our thriving agency has over 150 employees providing service to over 2,300 clients.
Storefront Humber provides services to communities in West Toronto and East Mississauga including:
- Personal Support and Homemaking to adults and seniors who reside in 5 community housing buildings
- Personal Support and Home Help in their homes in West Toronto and East Mississauga
- Adult Day Program, Congregate Dining, Transportation, Foot Clinic and other community wellness programs for seniors
Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assist with scheduling of transportation requests using software called CIMS (Client Information Management System) and TRAPEZE.
- Assist with monthly transportation billing.
- Document and report any issues as they arise.
- Manage emergency calls from drivers and other organizations using work cell phone at all times from 8am to 4pm.
- Conduct intakes for transportation program.
- Transport clients to/from their scheduled destinations and ensure client safety while in the driver’s care.
- Assist clients who are seniors and adults with disabilities to enter and exit the vehicle. This may involve assisting clients with mobility devices, parcels and other belongings.
- Ensure all passengers, devices and mobility aids are restrained and secure as well.
- Be physically capable of performing repetitive lifting and carrying of objects up to 60 lbs.
- Drive and maintain the vehicle in a manner that will promote its smooth operation.
- Perform a four point check on a daily basis, ensuring any problems are reported and promptly taken care of.
- Participate in training sessions such as CPR/First Aid and meetings as required.
Successful candidate possess the following qualifications:
- Proven experience working in fast paced, challenging customer services role
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience working with seniors and adults with disabilities
- Flexibility: ability to adapt to change
- Excellent map reading skills and knowledge of city streets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use a computer: Internet and Microsoft Office applications. Experience working with CIMS (Client Information Management System), TRAPEZE, and ALAYACARE is an asset
- Must hold a valid F license
- Must have a clean driver abstract and obtain a recent copy to provide
- Must provide clear Criminal Record Search with Vulnerable Sector Screening (within 6 months)
- Display safe and defensive driving techniques
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Flexibility in working hours including some evening and weekend
The position offers a competitive employment package including group benefits after 6 months of employment.
If you are as passionate about what you do, committed to excellence, quality and safety as we are, we would like to hear from you.
For more information, check us out online at http://www.storefronthumber.ca/
Storefront Humber Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you to all who express interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Storefront Humber Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- Drivers F License (Required)