This is an amazing opportunity to lead a team in one of the largest non-profit organizations in the Lower Mainland. GREATER VANCOUVER COMMUNITY SERVICES SOCIETY is a multi-service non-profit organization supporting the independence and well-being of the elderly, people with disabilities, and others who require support to retain or regain health and autonomy. Since 1972 the dedicated team at GVCSS has provided compassionate, effective and client-focused care that helps people retain their independence and remain living safely at home.
The Director of Home Care is a Full Time Position and plays an integral role in the Home Support program by directing and managing the overall operation of the program and also providing clinical supervision to the Supported Housing programs.
The Director of Home Care is responsible for directing and managing the overall operation of the Home Support program in keeping with the Agency’s goals, policies and standards, as well as service contract requirements. Responsibilities include policy recommendation, personnel, fiscal management, continuous quality improvements and to be the lead clinical consultant for supported housing programs.
1. To identify critical issues/trends and make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer in formulating and revising goals, objectives, policies, and strategies for both the program and the agency.
2. To guide and direct the delivery of home support service by setting program goals and formulating service guidelines for the staff which is in keeping with the Agency’s goals and service contract requirements.
3. To guide and provide clinical supervision to the Supported Housing programs in collaboration with the Director of Community Living Department.
Skills and Experience:
- A university graduate with a Degree in Nursing or completion of a recognized nursing program. Current registration with C.R.N.B.C.
- A minimum of five years working experience in a supervisory/administrative capacity in the health care or social services field.
- Knowledge and skills in financial management.
- Experience and ability to supervise personnel in a unionized work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting and collaborate with other organizations and service providers.
- Proven skills in change management
- Knowledge and skills in Occupational health safety
GVCSS offers rewarding and challenging careers coupled with competitive wages and a generous benefits package which includes membership in the Municipal Pension Plan. If this challenging opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter by August 14, 2020.
For more information about our organization, please refer to our website: www.gvcss.bc.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,880.00-$113,600.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)