- Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project, meeting the safety, financial, schedule, quality, maintenance and operability objectives.
- The project needs to be managed from inception, through development, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning & start-up, handover and projects close out.
- The project manager must work to eliminate safety, health and environmental incidents
- Plan, coordinate and manage engineering and field activities;
- Ensure the quality control systems are complying with all requirements of the quality management plans;
- Is accountable for the project budget, detailed engineering and construction.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Professional Engineer of Alberta, P.Eng. (APEGA)or equivalent
- Project Management and/or Project Engineering in an Industrial Plant and/or Mine, including engineering management and field construction, managing safety, cost, quality and schedule of the field activities.
- Previous Experience in the Oil Sands would be preferable.
- Significant experience in Maintenance of Industrial Plants / Mines would also be considered.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- This is a temporary position for approximately 12 months with a potential for extension.
- Work Schedule is Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day
- This is a local Fort McMurray area position
- No camp, mobilization, or living allowance is available. Busing from town to site is provided.
We would like to thank all candidates for their applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
All resumes will be maintained on file for future opportunities
Job Type: Contract
- Oil Sands: 1 year (Preferred)
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)