Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe (www.bydeluxe.com).
We currently have an opening for a Software Developer.
Job Summary: This role will contribute to the creation and maintenance of software applications and innovative pipeline. The tools developed are used for asset management, production management, state-of-the-art visual effects, animation, and stereo conversion facility, including multiple international facilities.
- Design, code, and support applications, tools and processes, which extend and enhance an innovative pipeline including asset management, production management, and other tools.
- Collaborate with Designers, Developers, and TAs to optimize workflow and tool integration.
- Support production and artist concerns including debugging, troubleshooting and managing fixes.
- Participate in a positive and productive work environment and contribute to collaborative efforts across multiple facilities.
- C++ and Python are musts.
- Good understanding of software development best practices is a must.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to work with a team to deliver high quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- B Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of professional experience in software development
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GUI framework especially Qt.
- Experience with Django a huge plus.
- Relational database design concepts, and experience dealing with large databases an asset.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or any other SQL language a plus.
- Experience with Nuke or Maya a plus.
- Other tools/technologies: Vagrant, Docker, BDR, Jenkins, NginX
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
Deluxe is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Accommodation is available on request during all stages of the selection and hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional Experience in Software Development: 2 years (Preferred)