Utilize up-to-date design knowledge to interpret our marketing design needs and create visual print solutions. Will support all lines of businesses through graphics support for the website and email, corporate collateral, print collateral, event signage, and sponsorship collateral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop advertising, direct mail, sales collateral, support graphics, event signage, sponsorship collateral, and communications per line of business plans, corporate initiatives, and marketing liaisons
2. Communicate and coordinate with vendors to ensure production and support needs are defined to meet stated deadlines.
3. Maintain brand standards and style guidelines.
4. Prepare drafts and amend final designs to managers, liaisons, and/or compliance comments. Proofread, edit and obtain final approval materials.
6. Maintain documentation of all requests and approvals of marketing projects
7. Manage and coordinate the completion of miscellaneous requests through Passageways. Provide weekly status updates for all projects in the queue
8. Maintain internal marketing communication pages and digital advertising.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
(Verbal Communication and Written Communication)
- Listens, shows interest
- Demonstrates appropriate non-verbal skills and clarifies with questions and paraphrases
- Informs, encourages the exchange, access and sharing of information
- Modifies communication style appropriately
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly to get messages across to the intended receiver for the desired effect
- Understands processes and procedures necessary to successfully perform tasks
- Possesses the technical and computer skills required in the position
- Demonstrates the ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to new processes and technology
Managing Time & Priorities
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently
- Focuses efforts on important priorities
- Accomplishes more tasks and assignments in less time
- Can attend to several priorities at a time
- Eliminates roadblocks and stays focused
- Plans daily tasks so important work is accomplished
- Uses workplace tools, technology or personal methods to keep track of priorities and assignments
- Prioritizes and works on multiple tasks effectively while maintaining high quality work results
(Boss Relationships and Peer Relationships)
- Works well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the company
- Receives and carries out instruction in a positive manner
- Responds well to constructive critique from manager and peers
- Remains open to learning and coaching
- Viewed as a team player by being cooperative and collaborative
- Comes up with new and different ideas.
- Seen as bringing original and value-added ideas to the group.
- Uses logic, analysis and methods to define problems and offers useful solutions.
- Looks beyond the obvious to find more than one option/solution to choose from.
- Can find common ground and solve problems for the good of all involved.
- Gains perspective by asking others for their input before implementing solutions.
- Welcomes learning opportunities and remains open to change
- Displays an eagerness and capacity to learn when faced with new situations and problems
- Learns quickly
- Experiments and tries new solutions
- Views new assignments as a learning experience and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
Experience - Minimum of three (3) years of related design experience.
Other - Strong portfolio; Adobe Create Suite experience.
Understanding of print process and specifications.
Understanding of variable data and mail merges.
Strong knowledge of Excel.
Work Hours FT, Mon-Fri, 9a-6p
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- English (Required)