Venture2Impact.org is currently seeking an eager individual to join our Digital Marketing team as an intern. This is a 4 month, paid internship with a focus on content development for our online Platforms.
Your main responsibility will be to tell the stories of our skill based volunteers from companies like: Salesforce, Microsoft, Netflix and Apple. As well as the stories of impact from communities on the ground.
This opportunity included a 10 day travel program to Romania to collect stories and create content from one of our projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create content for a wide range of target audiences to be used across all social media channels, primarily in the form of written articles and videos
- Monitor, manage, and develop social media strategies to increase user engagement
- Assist with social media management and content creation for various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc)
- Create social contests & promotions to convert followers into volunteers
- Stay on top of social media trends and best practices to propose creative and innovative ideas
- Support the team in identifying and cultivating new content opportunities
Skills developed during job position:
- Digital skills and a strong knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Excellent writing skills and video editing skills: you will write a blog post and edit one video per week.
- Team work: you will work in a collaborative environment with our local team and our stakeholders and partner tech companies across North America
- Basic HTML/CSS and website editing: The youth will have an opportunity to learn how to use the backend of a Wordpress website to upload and edit content
Preferred candidate would be a: marketing, communications or public relations student
As this is a digital marketing opportunity, please include your blog (if you have one), Instagram account, Linkedin and Twitter account.
A portfolio on video editing is appreciated!
Start Day: May 1, 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Halifax, NS (Preferred)