WHO WE ARE
Gwillimdale Farms is family owned/operated, based just 10 minutes from downtown Bradford. We here at Gwillimdale Farms do more than just grow vegetables, we are growing our business. We supply our produce both locally and abroad, working in tandem with food manufacturers, retailers, food service providers, and wholesale distributors. We believe our biggest asset is our team. We are always striving to build a better team and better work environment through continuing efforts in the areas of safety, education, and personal development.
Learn more about Gwillimdale Farms:
We are looking for a full-time permanent Millwright to work in our packing facility. The Millwright will focus on the maintenance of Gwillimdale Farms’ production equipment and facilities while demonstrating sound mechanical aptitude. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
2 Day Shift Positions Available:
1. Regular Schedule: Monday to Friday, 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
2. Regular Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Between September 1st to April 1st, rotational Saturday work may be required if needed. This is shared amongst the maintenance team. Saturday shift would be 7 am to 4 pm.
During the production facility's blackout period (through October, November, December), no vacation time off is permitted.
- General plant equipment maintenance, preventing possible failures and malfunctions.
- Develop preventive and corrective maintenance programs.
- Analyze repairs and troubleshoot to find root issues.
- Handle emergency maintenance and repair work of plant equipment.
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean, and good working conditions.
- Strive to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Maintain complete records of daily maintenance activities.
- Assist co-workers when needed.
- Adhere to company policies and safety regulations.
- Ad-hoc duties / requests as required.
- A valid Ontario Millwright’s Certificate of Qualification (433A) is an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing facility as a maintenance mechanic millwright, industrial millwright, maintenance millwright, millwright mechanic, etc.
- Has a diverse experience in welding (tig/arc), fabricating, troubleshooting, repair, rebuilding, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical work, and general facility maintenance.
- Hands-on knowledge of pumps, conveyors, agitators, gear boxes, and compressors.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to assess, identify issues, research, and solve mechanical problems.
- Strong organizational, time management, entrepreneurial, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with many different departments, and with all levels of management and staff to assist everyone in achieving their goals.
- Knowledge of the food packing/processing industry is an asset.
- Comfortable working at heights and in tight spaces.
- Comfortable kneeling, bending, reaching, twisting and/or standing for periods of time.
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Personal protective equipment required in plant (e.g., steel toe boots, hair net/beard net).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Weekly pay
- Hourly rate starting from $40/hr
- Performance based bonus
- Comprehensive company paid employee group benefits plan (extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance plan)
- Paid personal leave days
- Paid parental leave days
- Paid bereavement leave days
- Company funded uniform and safety boot program
- Company events
- Free veggies!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Gwillimdale Farms we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas growing. We’re an equal employment opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by provincial law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed in the application process, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON L3Z 3M5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have your Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate of Qualification 433A?
- What are your hourly rate expectations?
- industrial millwright: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person