Pythagoras Academy is an exceptional co-educational independent school for students Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. Our school prides itself on a unique educational philosophy that champions the role of the Fine Arts. We also believe in open communication, diversity, and inclusion. Creativity and hard work are always highly appreciated!
Contract: ECE substitute teacher for early learning department
Start Date: Oct. 01, 2021
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote each child’s individuality and self-esteem
- Bond with each child, and provide them with a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment
- Approach early learning with enthusiasm and dedication
- ECE Certificate or ECE Assistant Certificate
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Strong work ethic and professional commitment
- Excellence in interpersonal skills
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident
As an educator, you embody these qualities:
- Passion: you deeply enjoy the craft of educating; your focus is on inspiring your students.
- Technical knowledge: you are knowledgeable about how to help students to gain skills and a deeper understanding of concepts.
- Curiosity: you are a naturally curious person, and you help to foster curiosity in your students.
- Innovation: your planning involves novel and engaging methods of instruction.
- Social Emotional intelligence: you are skilled at teaching in a way that helps students to feel safe to be themselves and to develop confidence.
Job Type: Part-time