Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Services Coordinator will support the daily maintenance demands of service requests related to Sifton Properties Limited owned and managed residential portfolio. Supporting daily operations consists of: connecting with tenant, scheduling and coordinating maintenance projects, property inspections, maximizing customer and contractor relationships. The key focus is to provide excellent customer support and high-level integration between all maintenance team members, ensuring the positive resolution to any maintenance issues affecting the safety, attractiveness and competitive impact to our residential rental communities.
July 30, 2020
Internal candidates please apply by:
August 6, 2020
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.
- Responsible for the efficient flow of maintenance requests and their resolution. Ensure that maintenance requests, whether via phone, email or in person, are received in a timely manner and entered into Salesforce promptly. Follow up with residents about status of requests or repairs to insure open communication with tenants.
- Be familiar with all maintenance procedures and processes and insure that the handling of maintenance requests is aligned with procedures and processes. Assist customers to diagnose the problems that they are reporting. Obtain sufficient detail on maintenance requests to ensure the problem is clearly understood by the maintenance person making the repairs.
- Issue routine maintenance requests to the Inside & Outside Maintenance teams. Establish
priorities for maintenance requests that are more urgent and provide weekly summary to the Maintenance Manager about the status of all Maintenance work. Assist Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Manager in identifying most efficient method to resolve outstanding work orders.
- Communicate and coordinate with: Maintenance Manager, Customer Experience Supervisor and Property Manager to discover and develop best practices and procedures for receiving and recording maintenance requests. Maintain a positive, open dialogue between these teams to ensure consistent flow of information to answer customer inquiries at first point of contact whenever possible.
- Available for site visits with customers, supporting and engaging customers at company events & interacting with internal customers at various sites.
- Identify procedures and processes to improve the efficiency of the Maintenance Department and assist in creating and implementing new procedures and processes. Including implementing new procedures and training, supporting staff, in particular with use of Salesforce.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager when required, to complete property inspections and coordinate
follow-up work. Visit properties as required to investigate customer inquiries or complaints.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Provide administrative support to prepare, copy and distribute documentation such as contracts, purchase orders, request for quotes to contractors, residents and staff as directed by the Operations Manager, Inside and Outdoor Maintenance Supervisors.
- Accurately code all invoices from trades and suppliers and obtain the necessary authorization for payment. Using Docuware system for all invoice processing.
- Contact contractors and suppliers to solicit interest in providing quotes on work and/or supplying materials as necessary. Follow up with contractors, suppliers on any contract work or delivery of necessary suppliers.
- Prepare and send out correspondence to residents regarding day to day work being done in units, move in, move out; check for accuracy and follow up, coordinate access to units with trades.
- Prepare move-out documentation for outgoing residents and assist in ensuring that the move-out process is adhered to in terms of outstanding charges, inspections, etc.
- Maintain utility consumption spreadsheets on all requested properties and forward copies to the Maintenance Manager monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in managing tenant expectations within the landlord-tenant relationship.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other related computer programs
- Knowledge of current fire code and current building code.
- Experienced with Health and Safety requirements for various aspects of property management.
- Experienced with property inspections and assessments with respect to maintaining privacy and personal space.
- Experience with project scheduling and coordination of assets either remotely/virtually or on location.
- Experience in collecting data, summarizing cost projections, assessing quotes for work.
- Must have excellent people skills and enjoy communicating with the public, clients and contractors to provide exceptional customer assistance. Including site visits with customers, engaging customers at company events and interacting with internal customers at various sites.
- Able to communicate professionally written and verbal, including drafting resident notices and handling escalated customer interactions.
- Proven ability to set priorities effectively and work in a hectic, time-sensitive environment.
- Flexibility in terms of schedule in the event that additional hours or non-typical schedule is required to meet deadlines or complete projects.
- Thrives working as part of a supportive, highly functioning team.