Change the future with us.
We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress. We are excited about technologies that still need to be developed. What about you? Do you want to use your curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us as a graduate – by beginning your career with us. Whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your perspective.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
The successful candidates will participate in the Finance Leadership Development Program with a focus on building the skills and experience in order to obtain a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. This permanent position will rotate through all aspects of the Siemens finance landscape providing them with a unique set of skills that can only be obtained from a dynamic company. Upon successful completion of the program the employee will be placed within one of the many divisions in Siemens to continue their finance career.
The program includes a coach/mentor to guide you through the program and towards your professional accounting designation. The program offers study leave prior to major exams and assistance in finding the best suited pre-exam prep courses. The position will report into the program Training Principal for Siemens Canada.
- Develops or evaluates financial reporting processes to support the financial reporting infrastructure
- Performs procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial information
- Evaluates the impact of alternative and/or new accounting standards/policies
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and accompanying notes
- Reviews, proposes or accounts for the entity’s transactions including complex transactions
- Evaluates internal controls (IT and others)
- Designs a work-plan and assurance procedures
- Prepares, evaluates or manages information within an entity for decision making
- Prepares or reviews budget information
- Identifies, develops or evaluates business processes to support management information needs, decisions and control frameworks
What will you need to succeed?
- University Degree in Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Successful completion of CPA PEP Program Core and Elective modules or university equivalent, candidates ready to begin Capstone modules only
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Working towards or committed to working towards a CPA designation
- Bilingual language skills preferred, ideally French
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Controlling and Finance
Siemens Canada Limited
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.