The Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation guarantees the deposits of Alberta credit unions and provides risk-based oversight to enable a safe and sound credit union system.
There are two (2) positions available; a Manager and/or Senior Manager, Regulation & Credit Risk Assessment. They report to the Assistant Vice President (AVP), Regulation and Credit Risk Assessment and are accountable for the oversight of the credit risk management function at individual credit unions. A key responsibility of both positions is to liaise with various levels of management within the credit union system, as well as the Board of Directors, to report and document findings, recommendations and, ensure safety and soundness of the credit unions. This is an incredible opportunity to pursue a career in regulation and credit risk management, work within the financial services industry and, be a part of the credit union system.
· Adjudicates credit applications in excess of the lending limits for credit unions, and completes loan reviews to ensure acceptable risks are underwritten.
· Monitor underwriting and credit risk management trends and confirm appropriate credit risk practices are in place through off-site monitoring and on-site verifications. Monitor the credit union system credit risk.
· Support the credit team with their assigned portfolios, including adjudication, credit risk management and credit risk assessments.
· Assist the AVP in managing the operations of the Regulation and Credit Risk area, including training, coaching, planning and project management.
· Demonstrate leadership in assisting with the development and implementation of the credit risk based monitoring program.
· Pro-active approach to management of credit union risk with emphasis on credit portfolio quality.
· Work independently and collaborate with and lead in both small and large teams on assigned projects in support of long term risk based strategies.
Some travel required to credit unions within Alberta
· THE PERSON
· A seasoned lender with 7+ years of experience in commercial credit underwriting and credit adjudication, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education. The position level will be determined by qualifications and experience.
· Strong understanding of credit risk management principles, including portfolio risk, lending to high risk industries and inherent credit risks is required.
· University degree in a related discipline e.g. business/finance/accounting, risk management certification, etc. is preferred.
· Agricultural lending is an asset
· Understanding of and experience with the credit union system is considered an asset
· Comprehensive knowledge of loan underwriting standards, lending guideline and loan security documentation
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and apply an analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
· Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to communication both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people
· Strong computer competency in MS Office Suite
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Commensurate with qualifications and experience
· Comprehensive benefits program
· Commitment to work and life balance
· Excellent Edmonton downtown office environment
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to send us your résumé and cover letter in strict confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest as only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: MSMRCRA 032020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- commercial credit underwriting and credit adjudication: 7 years (Required)