Lambton College, a public community college in Ontario, has licensed parts of its curriculum to Cestar College of Business, Health and Technology to deliver programs in Toronto to international students. As part of the college’s commitment to ensure our programs are meeting established industry standards, our programs are evaluated on an ongoing basis by external reviewers.
Cestar College is currently seeking a Subject Matter Expert to advise in the review and redesign of program material for the Embedded Systems Engineering Design (EMBT) program at Lambton College in Toronto.
As a Subject Matter Expert, you will review and provide feedback on the following:
- Proposed course materials-slide decks, assignments, activities, and projects.
- Proposed course resources-texts and online resources
- Proposed evaluations and evaluation timetable
- Proposed teaching plan and syllabus for all courses
Your feedback will be a vital part of our ability to meet our goals in the program redesign, which are:
- Ensure the delivery of the curriculum aligns with the approved program and course learning outcomes.
- Ensure the program aligns with industry standards and employment requirements.
- Benchmark learning materials and technology against the curriculum and revise current delivery to align with the program’s learning outcomes.
- Ensure that evaluation plans on course outlines are appropriate and implemented as indicated in course outlines.
The Subject Matter Expert must have the following Technical Requirements in order to satisfactorily review the proposed material:
- Graduate degree (MS, MEng, PhD preferred) in electrical engineering or computer engineering or a related field
- 7 or more years recent professional industrial experience in embedded systems development
- Experience with hardware, software and systems integration
Experience in teaching and/or training with evidence of application of adult learning principles and teaching/assessment methodologies or curriculum design preferred.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- embedded systems development: 7 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)