Proof of Careis Vancouver’s leading in-home health care provider. We are setting a new standard of care with our team of professional caregivers and nurses that support our community by allowing our clients to remain safely in the homes that they love.
At Proof of Care, we treat our employees the way we treat our patients and their loved ones - with love, compassion, respect, dignity, and patience! Come check out this amazing opportunity where you will feel challenged and supported in this essential profession.
We are looking for a summer marketing and administrative assistant for a fixed 8-week contract. This role is based in West Vancouver, so you will need to be able to reliably commute (drive or take public transport) to & from West Van for an 8.30am start and 5 pm finish, Monday to Friday.
Under the supervision of the General Manager, this position assists clients and staff in a myriad of ways. From creating and collating sales and marketing material, filing and document management, answering phone calls and taking on special assignments, this role will see you gain experience any many facets of small business operations. At all times, this position ensures a safe and supportive atmosphere and supports both clients and staff administratively. This position also provides back-up to onboarding & scheduling managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, and other duties as assigned:
- Office reception in a fast-paced environment including answering phones and directing phone traffic, assisting callers – always providing a caring and compassionate presence on the phone and in person, always communicating a clear and compelling understanding of our services.
- Greet new client arrivals with a welcoming first impression.
- Provide administrative backup to President & General Manager.
- Monitor, order, and receive office supplies.
- Create & send weekly Reports to management.
- Monitor and maintain the appearance of the office, ensuring entry, kitchen and meeting rooms are tidy, clean and ready for use.
- Data entry into company databases is a key function of this role.
- Prepare client folders and follow up on missing documentation.
- Organize client files, and maintain file archives.
- Keep client info accurate and up to date in our communication system.
- Assist staff on projects requiring administrative support.
- Enter data and prepare it for analysis.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Proven skills in communicating clearly, effectively, and empathetically on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to maintain calm and positive equilibrium at all times – able to maintain a high standard of social, emotional safety for both clients and staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of computer software programs (Office Suite; advanced understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, etc), as well as the ability to operate a computer with a high level of proficiency.
- Excellent follow through.
- Ability to juggle several tasks at once.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work in an environment with a diverse population of clients.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak and write accurately, effectively, compassionately, and persuasively.
- Ability to maintain positive and professional relationships with clients, families, corporate representatives and co-workers.
- Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma; additional administrative courses or programs is an asset; experience in a sales or customer service position an asset.
- Experience working in the health care or medical field is an asset.
- Proficient typing abilities.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $13.85 /hour