Application Deadline: May 31st, 2019
The Canadian Red Cross, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians as well as the vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a full-time summer student for the position of Emergency Management Assistant. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) Program so applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined by the CSJ program.
- Coordinate Operation Lost and Found, Royal St. John’s Regatta
- Assist in volunteer recruitment as well as engagement activities with current volunteers
- Data entry of responses into monitoring form, and associated tracking of supplies
- Increase public engagement and exposure with disaster management coordinator
- Promotion, education, awareness, & 72 hour preparedness presentations to community groups and summer camps inclusive of all Red Cross programs and services
- Assist with fundraising activities as needed
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Completion of a high school diploma and post secondary education is considered an asset.
- Strong aptitude for detailed work and accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office are required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive internal and external relationships.
- Quick learner and who enjoys working on various projects.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
- A satisfactory vulnerable sector check and driver’s abstract and license is required for specified locations of work.
- Various learning and networking opportunities as well as building of professional skills;
- Positive and professional work environment;
- Opportunity to make a difference.
Job Type: Temporary
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)