Community Living Meaford operates 4 residential homes and 1 day program for developmentally challenged adults. Under the direction of the team manager, provides assistance and support to developmentally handicapped adults in either a residential or day program setting, ensuring that opportunities are provided which enhance the physical and emotional needs of individuals to enable them to live and work in the community as independently as possible.
Valid driver's license, insurable by CLM's insurer; use of reliable vehicle to transport supported individuals; non-violent crisis intervention; current first aid certificate; provide copies of all certificates, diplomas and driver's license
* Knowledge typically acquired by obtaining a 2 year College diploma DSW (diploma of choice) or related college degree, or university social work degree, or equivalent work acquired experience
* Minimum of 2 years experience.
* Knowledge of, and a commitment to, the Person Centred Approach to Planning
* Demonstrate the ability to function well within a team, be a strong team player as well as able to work independently
* Demonstrated the ability to follow all agency policies.
* Will provide support to individuals with an intellectual disability to achieve their goals, facilitate relationships, develop skills and build social roles within the community
* Excellent computer skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good time management skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.49 to $23.12 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Required)