For more than 70 years, we have partnered with Educators and IT Leaders to give them access to an unmatched selection of proven EdTech products and services for the classroom and campus, that enhance the learning experience. As a result, we have helped tens of millions of students in hundreds of thousands of K-12 classrooms and many higher education institutions throughout the US & Canada.
We are searching for an Experienced North American Payroll and Benefits Specialist who is passionate about what they do. The successful candidate will have experience administering full cycle payroll and applicable benefit plans in the U.S. and Canada. The successful candidate will continuously look for ways to improve current processes and find new ways to contribute to the success of the company. Specialist may mentor, train and support lower-level payroll associate(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- SME and point of contact for U.S. and Canada payroll related questions
- Prepare all aspects of Semi-Monthly payroll for US and Canada including data entry and maintenance in company’s HRIS system and ADP Workforce Now.
- Work with payroll and HR team to administer multiple payrolls and pay frequencies.
- Ensure compliance with ESA; stat holiday pay and OT calculations, hours or work, garnishments, etc.
- Issue T4’s, T2200, ROE’s and W2’s
- Calculate WSIB premiums and submit monthly invoices
- Audit payroll processing reports for accuracy
- Strong knowledge of EHT, WSIB, CRA, OHSA, WHMIS, IRS, OSHA, DOL, FMLA, ADA
- Prepare monthly HR KPI and compliance reports
- Track and monitor timesheets
- Coordinate year-end requirements with Accounting department
- Administer all employee benefits in the U.S. and Canada including medical, dental, vision and ancillary plans.
- Administer various benefits programs for the U.S. and Canada, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSA
- Serve as primary liaison for employee questions
- Work with benefit vendors to quickly resolve issues
- Assure accuracy/reconciliation of premium invoices and coordinating payments through accounting
- Participate in annual benefits renewal process and strategy
- Manage open enrollment process including development of materials and communications
- Assist with annual reporting including annual plan audits and Form 5500 filings
- Coordinate wellness initiatives and educational opportunities throughout the organization
- 5+ years of experience in payroll and benefits administration
- Degree/Diploma in Payroll, HR or a related field preferred
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Experience with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and TimeClock Plus is an asset
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Effective planning, prioritizing, organization and administrative skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Possess high degree of professionalism under pressure
- Positive and approachable with a customer service mindset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time