Geotech Ltd. is seeking a Mechanical Technician to support maintenance and repair of our proprietary surveying systems, both in house and in the field. We are looking for someone who is task driven, career oriented and will work well within an engaging, fast paced, team-based environment.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for general housekeeping, equipment cleaning and maintenance, yard organization duties.
- Loading & unloading of trucks as needed.
- Pick and pack orders for delivery and pick-up as required.
- Cycle counting of inventory.
- Ability to comprehend blueprints and follow assembly procedures.
- Refurbishment and repairs of custom Geophysical equipment.
- Can physically lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Repair Fiberglass and other composite materials.
- High level of mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively complete all tasks as assigned by supervisor and coordinate work functions with co-workers.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant standards such as WHMIS.
- Problem solving skills and good time management.
- Mechanical Technician diploma or equivalent.
- G Driver’s license required.
- Forklift training certificate an asset.
Candidates must also be able to provide a Police Background Certificate upon hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Mechanical: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)