Senior Corporate Law Clerk
Solutions Corporate Law
- You have at least 8 years’ comprehensive experience in a small to medium-sized law firm environment but want a change, something a little different from the traditional law firm setting.
- You want to feel challenged, continue learning and hone your skills within a team of experienced law clerks.
- You already have solid well-honed skills and experience in adeptly handling routine corporate law clerk matters but want to develop hands-on experience and become actively involved in more advanced matters such as, among other things (i) implementing fundamental changes to articles, handling long and short-form vertical and horizontal amalgamations and continuances into other jurisdictions in and outside Canada, etc.; (ii) drafting share conditions for multiple classes of shares with various share attributes and freeze share classes (iii) conducting comprehensive corporate reviews to trace the validity of the issued shareholding and election of directors, identify any and all corporate deficiencies and outstanding corporate matters and recommend action to be taken; and (iv) handling share purchase transactions, asset purchase transactions, corporate reorganizations and secured financing transactions (including preparing the closing agenda and requisite closing documents), and (v) working closely with lawyers.
- You want to develop and become actively involved in all kinds of tax-driven transactions including s85 rollover transactions, s86 share exchange transactions, s51 share exchange transactions, purification transactions and estate planning.
- You never work simply by rote as you want to have a full-depth understanding of what you do.
- You have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the OBCA and CBCA and related statutes.
- You are known for being overly detail-oriented (is there such a thing?), the ultimate multi-tasker who can accept responsibility for and take ownership of their own work and who is not intimidated by documents.
- You are tech-savvy and are very comfortable with all Microsoft Office applications (including Excel) and thrive on learning and using new computer applications and computer systems.
- You thrive within a team environment but can also work independently.
- You have exceptionally strong organizational skills in order to manage your workload and set priorities as well as excellent communication skills.
- Lastly, you really do like working as a corporate law clerk.
Does this describe you? If so, we want to hear from you please! We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- comprehensive: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
- English (Required)