Are you an experienced pharmacy assistant looking for a rewarding career? Are you looking for a position that does not tie up your evenings, weekends or statutory holidays? Have you thought about exploring the world of long term care pharmacy?
A Burlington Long Term Care pharmacy is looking for a positive-thinking, accurate and dedicated pharmacy assistant to join our dynamic team! The ideal candidate will be a graduate of an accredited pharmacy assistant program or have equivalent experience and will possess strong data entry skills. Strong computer skills are essential as this is primarily a data entry position.
The ideal candidate must possess a positive team spirit!!
- Accurate order entry of prescriptions into the Kroll and e-MAR software
- Ensuring accurate documentation of completed work
- Communicating with nurses and staff members at the homes that are serviced by the pharmacy
- Updating and maintaining MAR sheets and Physician Medication Reviews
- Inputting, adjudicating, dispensing, and filling prescriptions as required
- Compounding ointments, creams, liquids, etc.
- Keeping a safe, comfortable and clean work environment
- Maintaining confidentiality and professional standards
- Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant or certification from an accredited Pharmacy Assistant program
- Kroll experience an asset
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of PCC and Mede-care an asset
- Working knowledge of pharmacy calculations
- Visual acuity, detail oriented, manual dexterity appropriate for handling strip packs, prescription bottles and labels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)