Manufacturing Kubota’s brands of high-performance alloys and friction materials from raw materials to finished products under one roof in Orillia, Canada, Kubota Materials Canada Corporation leads the industry in quality, advanced technology and on-time delivery.
Key Function: Responsible for quality functions, specification review, implementing 5S, root cause analysis, problem solving, keeping track of quality issues and lesson learned and quality reporting.
- Conducting APQP (incl. D&PFMEA, Control Plans, Classification of Characteristics, Capability Studies etc.) within a Pre & Post Production situation.
- Root Cause Problem Solving (8D, 5 Why, Drill Deep & Wide, DOE), and driving & coordinating corrective/preventative actions.
- Planning, conducting & analyzing Process Capability Studies and implementing SPC
- Championing & driving Advanced Product Quality Planning for new Product Launches & major engineering changes.
- Initiate, coordinate & drive Root Cause Problem Solving and timely Corrective/Preventative Actions
- Continuous Improvement of Quality Management System and Quality Instructions
- Compiling & Issuing Technical Reports & Graphs
- Bi-monthly and Month End Reports on existing/advance program issues/activities
- Completion of applicable Kaizens and Spec Changes
- Completion of Control Plans, FMEA’s and other customer specific reports
- Perform other duties as required
- Perform other related tasks and functions as required, relative to the nature of the position.Education and Experience:
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field, preferably Materials, Mechanical or Metallurgy from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer, working in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated 5S skills
- Demonstrated APQP (incl. D&PFMEA, Control Plans, Classification of Characteristics, Capability Studies etc.) within a Pre & Post Production situation.
- CQE (ASQ) Certification is an asset
- Proficient with interpreting engineering drawings & specifications.
- Computer literate (Power Point, Excel, Word, Minitab, MSproject)
- Familiar with Quality System Audits
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kubota Materials, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Kubota Materials Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer which considers all qualified applicants for employment without regards to race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability. Kubota Materials Canada Corporation prohibits discrimination based on these or any other category protected by law.
If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)