Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the candidate is expected to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all patients, visitors and staff within the hospital’s complex, by maintaining and repairing all mechanical equipment related to the operations of Hospital systems. This position will take part in a rotating on call program. A successful candidate must be committed to responding to facility or community emergencies at any time. Installs, replaces and maintains water, sewer and other systems/equipment. General maintenance abilities will be assigned from time to time. This position will perform other duties as assigned.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Valid Red Seal trade license in a related field.
- Twelve (12) months post-ticket experience in an industrial/institutional/commercial maintenance environment.
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in a similar role.
- Must be familiar with TSSA, CSA Standards, and Hospital equipment manuals.
- Must hold a valid basic (G Class) drivers’ license.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with accurate keyboarding skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with well-developed customer service approach
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines - adapting to changing demands with flexibility and efficiency.
- Proven self-directed work habits, functioning effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational skills with an ability to work accurately with detail.
- Evidence of positive team-based skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Demonstrates values consistent with Scarborough Health Network (SHN) Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Extensive knowledge of Hospital infrastructure/mechanical systems, Building Automation
- Journeyperson Plumber Certificate.
- Constant standing and walking, up and down stairs or ladders
- Exposure to extreme heat/cold and noise
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers