Glass 8 Inc. is hiring!
Changing the way our clients see commercial glass & glazing, Glass 8 Inc. delivers a fresh, reliable, and progressive contracting solution; allowing architects, owners and general contractors to use glass in new and innovative ways, providing greater value to their projects. Glass 8 Inc. operates in Western Canada, employing over 50 full-time staff, including management, accounting, estimating, drafting, production, and installation. Our passionate team has the technical expertise and industry knowledge to manage even the most difficult construction site challenges.
The Data Entry Clerk / Entry Level Estimator will assist the estimating and production teams with data entry and project coordination. While learning all estimating and production processes, the successful candidate will demonstrate the potential to advance their career in new and challenging roles with either the estimating or project production teams in the future.
As a Data Entry Clerk / Entry Level Estimator with Glass 8 Inc., you will:
- Learn the processes required to enter project take-off data within estimating software
- Become familiar with construction processes, specifications, documents and drawings.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all work is accurately entered in the system in a timely manner.
- Perform daily data entry supporting estimating and other departments as required
- Index documents daily
- Communicate with vendors both verbally and electronically to obtain required information
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in clerical capacity in office environment doing data entry and processing documentation.
- Computer literate, able to use PC based word processors to enter data into files and spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to learn and use new software products
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills verbally & written
- Comfortable working within a fast-pace environment
- Ability to follow office procedures
- Exceptional speed and accuracy with data entry
In addition to a competitive salary, Glass 8 Inc. offers a flexible work environment, extended health care benefits, and matching RRSP contributions for all full-time employees.
This full-time, permanent and salaried role
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates meeting all requirements will be considered for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- data entry / office environment: 1 year (Required)