GOLD Online Learning Education (GOLD) is looking for a Customer Service Associate to join our growing events team! The Customer Service Associate is the first point of contact with our customers who may require assistance with their registration and navigating our websites.
Additionally, general assistance will be required with online meeting coordination and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Event Manager. We will train you to setup and run successful webinars – which will include working with Industry Experts alongside our education delivery team.
To be successful in this role, you must perform these essential duties:
- Represent GOLD with a positive customer service presence online and via phone
- Assist customers with their registration and any related online event questions
- Live, online event support along with general technical and logistics support for delegates (training will be provided!)
- Administrative assistance where applicable
Our company is focused on advocating for Women’s Health. This position is suitable for a self-motivated professional who can work confidently with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds to provide outstanding service. Diplomacy, tact and a sense of decency are important for this role.
Required Education / Experience:
Minimum of 2 years of experience within a corporate, hospitality administration, education, health sciences or a related field would be preferred. Alternatively, a diploma / degree in business, life sciences or tourism/hospitality may substitute for working experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Ability to communicate clearly over the telephone, email and LiveChat
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint or Google Docs
- Ability to navigate between Mac, PC and Mobile device operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively assist technologically inexperienced customers (think teaching your grandparents how to use an iPad)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with cloud-based collaboration software (Ex: Webex, Adobe Connect) or working with learning management systems
- Familiarity editing media files (ie: compressing image or video file sizes without losing quality)
- Experience with website content management systems (ie: Wordpress, Joomla)
- Familiarity with creating and tracking invoices and expenses
- Social Media Savvy
GOLD Learning Online Education (GOLD) is dedicated to providing evidence-based online education to Health Care Professionals in the maternal-child health care field. GOLD hosts several online conferences, events and symposiums throughout the year. Additionally, we have a virtual library with archived materials and other exclusive learning materials from a range of partnered speakers and associations.
We are a rapidly growing team headquartered in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Perks you can expect include social events (annual retreat!), snacks, and working with a team of professionals that are dedicated to providing world class education and customer service to their delegates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your resumeand cover letterto joinus(@)goldlearning.com to the attention of Isabel da Costa. Please note the job title in the subject line.
Note: The interview process includes two interviews and a homework assignment. First interview will give you more context surrounding the job and answer any initial questions you may have. If we feel this is a good fit, we will coordinate a second interview. For the second interview, you will be given a ‘homework assignment,’ based on experience, to better understand your capabilities. Your answers will be reviewed, then discussed in the second interview. Thank you in advance for your patience with us as we try to find the best fit. *Please note that this position is NOT remote
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- English (Preferred)