JOB POSTING #896748
Toronto Western Hospital
37.5 hours per week
$20.86 to $26.08 (Commensurate with experience and consistent with the UHN compensation policy)
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
We believe in providing “The Right Care. Always.” by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in performance and outcomes measurement, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Referral Specialist to join our Toronto team! As an integral member of the Altum Health team, the Referral Specialist is the first point of contact with internal and external clients and establishes the first impression with referral source and clients of the client centric care and service provided by Altum Health. The purpose of the Referral Specialist is to hold a holistic organizational vantage point, to see the ‘bigger picture’ to help Altum Health meet contractual Service Level Agreements for access to services with maximum efficiency.
The principal responsibilities of this role include:
providing exemplary and timely client and customer service; effectively and efficiently managing referrals; triaging referrals to the appropriate specialist and service location, scheduling, booking and confirming clients, optimizing utilization of consultant resources, participating in quality assurance and improvement activities, performing statistical and data collection/reporting activities; and performing administrative site support activities; works with Program Managers, Site Managers and Clinical Practice Leaders (CPL) across the organization to achieve Program and contractual service level agreements; and performs cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- Completion of a Medical Office Administration program or recognized equivalent required
- Over 2 years of practical and related experience required
- Strong computer skills to adapt to various IT environments; including advanced keyboarding and advanced knowledge of Excel and Word is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with medical professionals, insurance adjusters, claimants, and colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and medical disciplines
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills to interpret information, and identify specific areas that require further investigation
- Effectively document all relevant events in a timely and efficient manner as cases develop with an advanced attention to detail
- Extremely well-honed organizational skills to prioritize day-to-day activities to allow efficient and effective progress of file management activities
- Ability to multitask, work within service level agreements, and deal effectively with ambiguity in a high time sensitive and fast paced environment
- Be self-directed, goal-oriented and able to manage time and priorities with minimal supervision
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
April 7, 2022 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.