WHO YOU ARE
- You are enthusiastic about work and working with others on a team
- You can prioritize, are disciplined, show initiative and have a flexible attitude
- You’ve worked with material handling equipment before (or are very open to learning about it!)
- You have about 6-month work experience in a high-volume Warehouse, Retail or Customer service environment (strong preferred but not necessary)
- You are totally cool working in a physically demanding, fast-paced, work environment where you will be lifting and moving items continuously
- Maintain the flow of carts/baby strollers throughout the store to ensure positive customer shopping experience
- Assist customers in loading merchandise into vehicles as efficiently as possible
- Ensure that the loading zone remains clear
- Maintain a balanced cart flow throughout the store/home delivery areas
- Disassemble AS IS merchandise when required
- Assist customers with bringing merchandise to be returned
- Report inoperable equipment to managers
- Maintain outside area, ensuring it is fully stocked with twine, etc.
- Work closely with the furniture pick up and warehouse staff to ensure the integrity of merchandise pulls
- Use available resources to educate yourself on product features and customer interaction skills
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
At IKEA it’s all about our customers, and in Customer Relations we build and retain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers in a multichannel retail environment. We’re a diverse team that work together to ensure a positive and joyful experience for all IKEA visitors and customers: we set up services, gather feedback and make things right! Our modus operandi is to connect to people by listening to their personal needs and to create genuine interactions. We’re a bunch of people who are truly passionate about people!
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is officially referred to as:
This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.