The Works includes the Aquarena, Field House, and other recreation facilities on Memorial University's St. John's Campus. The Works offer a variety of fitness, aquatic and leisure facilities, and programs to the public and the university community.
The Works employs more the 250 highly trained professionals with diverse backgrounds in the areas of aquatics, fitness, maintenance, reception, food services, and management.
The Works is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide organization and efficiency of daily office operations while completing a variety of administrative duties. In addition, to provide support to The Works employees, Management Team, and the Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assume general office duties, including emails, filing, telephone inquiries, etc
- Maintain employee file management system, employee database, human resource functions, and liaison with Memorial University’s Human Resource department
- Assist management team with the preparation, editing, and distribution of memos, documents, and external correspondence
- Responsible for several budgets & expense allocations, purchase order preparation, and receiving.
- Coordination and documentation for the Board of Directors including communications, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, filing of Board, and corporate documents.
- Provide direct support to the Director/General Manager – managing documents, schedules, file management, communications.
Education and Qualifications:
- Certification or formal training in Office/Business Administration or any equivalent combination of experience, training, and course work in office administration will be considered
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
Compensation and Other Details:
- Work Schedule: Regular business hours of 40 hours a week however as with all management positions there are times that workloads and deadlines require managers to work in accordance with operational requirements.
- Salary Scale: $33,523 – 46,933
- Pension Plan, Group Insurance & Health plan
- Annual Leave and Statutory Holidays as per The Works Policy
- Access to The Works facilities
- Free Parking
View Position Information Package:
Application deadline: 2021-10-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33,523.00-$46,933.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care