Job title :
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
INVERMERE DISTRICT HSPTL
RELIEF FULL TIME
Invermere District Hospital is looking for a relief full time Food Service Worker to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
The successful candidate(s) must be available to work rotating day shifts (including weekends) that consist of the following shift times: 10:17 to 18:30, 10:30 to 18:30. Shift times and rotating schedule is not flexible.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
- Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
- Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
- Collects and unloads food service wagons;
- Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
- Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
- Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
- Washing dishes and utensils;
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
- Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
- Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
- Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
Come live in beautiful Invermere, in the Canadian Rockies! Invermere, is situated on the shore of one of the warmest lakes in the valley, the town of Invermere is all about sun and fun. People come here to relax, to spend summer afternoons at the beach or go boating, river rafting or golfing. There are spectacular parks and hiking trails in the area. The area offers hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, white-water rafting, canoeing and wonderful camping. In the winter, snowmobiling and plenty of alpine and cross country skiing with 2 ski resorts on our doorstep. Skating on the World’s “Biggest Skating Rink”, The Whiteway is a must.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food Safe Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.