450 Centre St N, Napanee, ON K7R 1P8, Canada
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Area Manager will oversee 2-4 clubs within a specific region. This position may include the direct supervision of a “home” club and will work with the General Manager and staff at the additional clubs to ensure optimum club operations, staffing and member experience.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, coach and counsel managers at all assigned locations.
- Oversee managers of all assigned locations providing guidance, training and development on club
best practices and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Train managers on proper hiring and termination process.
- Review weekly payroll budgets to ensure clubs are adequately staffed and that set weekly schedules are in place
- Train managers on club operations.
- Maintain day to day contact with managers, relating to both facility and member issues.
- Handle all elevated member problems and questions and ensure the incident reporting process has
been completed as necessary.
- Facilitate monthly management meetings.
- Performs monthly inspections (BERs) on facilities to address the issues of club appearance,
cleanliness and club operations.
- Oversee club and equipment maintenance and repair, monitor use of the tracking system making
sure all issues are properly turned in.
- Ensure maintenance staff is on task and repairs to club and equipment are done in a prompt and
- Handle pre-sale of any new clubs (hires and trains Manager and staff, sets up operations, assists in
the first 2 weeks post open).
- Responsible for following up with General Managers to ensure balance sheet accuracy.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly supply and replenishment ordering with General Managers
- Responsible for verifying Monthly Bonuses.
- Handle any point of sale issues with clubs.
- Work with Human Resources to coordinate mandatory training and annual certification renewals
including CPR, Tanning, etc.
- Coach and develop managers and staff at assigned locations.
- Follow up with Managers about Mystery Shop scores.
- Approve timesheets for direct reports and monitor labor for staffing and budget issues at assigned
locations on a weekly basis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- End of Month Audit Tasks/Responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; two to three years’ experience managing a team and various locations.
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to develop high-performing teams and create positive team morale in the clubs
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to problem solve and come up with solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and requests at once,
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be knowledgeable with California hiring, termination and employment laws
General Managers at various clubs
80% of the time in the home region and into other markets as needed
This position is subject to continual standing and walking as well as continual talking in person or on the phone. This position must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals.
This position is subject to hazards and includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. This job also operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.