GREENSEAL CANNABIS COMPANY LTD. is GROWING and currently seeking Packaging Associates to join our team.
GREENSEAL CANNABIS CO. is a licensed producer of cannabis, operating out of a 28,000 square foot purpose-built facility in Stratford, Ontario. GreenSeal’s focus is on developing a premium quality medical grade product through its innovative growing methods, technology, breeding practices, and partnerships. We are currently operating a lean facility as we scale up and focus on exceptional production practices in this challenging, yet exciting, Canadian cannabis industry.
Reporting to the Packaging Team Lead, the Packaging Associates will work with the Packaging Team Lead, and the entire Packaging Team, in accurately weighing, assembling, and packaging retail products all while maintaining a safe, clean and healthy work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Packaging Associates duties include, but are not limited to;
- Packaging and labelling different cannabis products including pre-rolls and whole flower
- Perform weighing, sealing, capping, labelling and general packaging of product
- Working closely with other team members
- Set-up, operate and monitor packaging equipment and rooms in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions
- Clean and sanitize material, equipment and rooms in compliance with SOPs and Work Instructions as well as consistently maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary workstation and environment
- Maintain communication with other team members and the Packaging Team Lead Hand to notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of packaging
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Fill batch record documentation in a complete, compliant and accurate fashion
- Perform all duties according to SOP, Work Instructions, GMP, and all other established safety standards and company policy
- Assist with other cannabis operations as required
- Correct use of scales and understanding when a scale is not accurate
- Able to accurately weigh whole flower and pre-rolls
- Ability to document every batch, as well as the inventories related to the production including raw materials and cannabis
Experience and Background:
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job;
- Minimum High School Diploma or GDP preferred
- Must be 19 years old and able to pass a criminal record check
- Able to perform simple math including add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Physically able to stand or sit for long periods of time and have exceptional hand/eye coordination
- Physically able to perform occasional lifting, bending and twisting as well as the consistent maintenance of a clean workstation
- Comfortable with repetitive work including detail-oriented tasks
- Previous cannabis experience is a plus
- Must have effective verbal communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Ability to use fine motor skills
- Adhere to legislation in accordance with the Cannabis Regulations
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and strong record-keeping skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to comprehend detailed instructions
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to maintain an extremely sanitary workspace
Full benefits will be provided by the company after the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Note: All applicants will be required to successfully complete criminal record and background checks.
We appreciate all candidates that apply and wish to work with GreenSeal, however, we will only be contacting those candidates who best fit these requirements. We will retain all resumes for a minimum of 6 months and will continue to review as similar positions become available.
GREENSEAL CANNABIS COMPANY Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
GREENSEAL CANNABIS COMPANY Ltd. is currently following all Covid-19 protocols set out by the provincial government.