Leader in the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry for more than 65 years, The Master Group is the largest distributor of the HVAC-R sector in Canada. Its more than 850 dynamic and dedicated employees serve the industry in more than 38 branches and 6 distribution centers from coast to coast.
Reporting to the Inside Sales Director, the incumbent will be responsible to manage product release to the delivery on site. They will be responsible to lead communication between customers, vendors and other departments of Master Group. They will manage administrative aspects of the assigned projects. Also, they will manage day to day order entry.
Managing release and delivery on site
o Create S.O. / P.O. for released equipment included in the assigned project
? Include all the addresses and the delivery instructions into the S.O.
o Create S.O. / P.O. for daily order entry
o Close follow up with the vendors to get production delivery schedule
o Inform the customer the delivery schedule and all modifications
o Ask the contractor all the specification and/or restrictions to be respected at the delivery point
o Coordinate with vendors, transport and/or logistic department the transport from the factory to the delivery point
- Responsible to communicate with customers, vendors, and other administrative departments of Master Group
o Coordinate with contractors on delivery schedule to meet their request
o Inform Outside Sales Representative regarding delivery schedule
o Coordinate with third party shipping company the delivery schedule on site
o Communicate with credit department to get S.O. release for delivery
o Inform, when a start-up assistance is required, the Technical Department about the delivery schedule, filling their form. As soon we have the factory ship date
o Communicate with the procurement department to get information about expected reception date.
- Manage administrative aspect of daily or projects S.O.
o Create S.O. / P.O. accordingly with customer P.O. and Master Group requirements
o Write notes into S.O. / P.O. to document actions and communications with all other departments, customers and vendors
o Update CRM quotation record accordingly with Master Group requirements
o Keep updated the promised date deliveries
o Archive the physical files
Relevant College or University Degree or equivalent experience in a similar position;
- Ability to multitask with a high attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, Notes, Internet);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Professional phone manner and customer service skills
- Strong time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to respond to the needs of the organization in a timely and efficient manner
- Reliable, trustworthy and have a positive attitude
- Work autonomously as well with a team to meet a common outcome.
- Strong sense of urgency & the ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment;
Bilingualism is an asset.
We offer our employees a competitive salary based on experience
Our group insurance program (medical, dental, short and long-term disability) supports our employees and their families
We contribute to your group RRSP
We support health of our employees by providing a Health Program (contribution to a membership in a fitness center)