We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 450 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking 1* full-time Research Assistant in our Research Department*. Our Research Department builds the knowledge to improve mental health treatment outcomes for children, youth and families. In 2014, Wood’s Homes and the University of Calgary partnered to establish the Wood’s Homes Research Chair in Children’s Mental Health.
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Research Department, the Research Assistant is responsible for the promotion, development and coordination of the agency’s research and program evaluation activities, and for the amalgamation of clinical expertise with research activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Participates in agency activities that enhance research work and consults with agency staff regarding research and program evaluation issues.
- Takes responsibility for agency data collection activities and analysis.
- Guides the development of research databases and preparation of internal reports, program evaluation, and research.
- Develops research proposals related to the agency’s work.
- Guides the development of performance indicators and measurement of outcomes.
- Provides training to agency staff regarding research and program evaluation activities.
- Assists agency staff with preparation of presentations, workshops and publications.
- Prepares Research Department reports for publication.
- Assists other Research Department staff, attends meetings and participates in committees.
- Shows initiative and leadership qualities within the Research Department
- Supports a culture of health and safety across the organization and within the Research Department
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Master level degree in the Social Sciences with specific training in research methods, statistical analysis, program logic models, qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- SPSS experience preferred.
- Competency in data entry and analysis software.
- Prior experience working as a researcher, with authored or co-authored publications.
- Evidence of strong hands-on clinical skills, preferably with children and families.
- Personal suitability is important.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to our human resources department. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, Research Assistant’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- clinical skills, preferably with children and families.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rearch: 1 year (Required)
- SPSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)