Lehigh Materials is a division of Lehigh Hanson Materials Limited, one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates, ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. HeidelbergCement Group employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Reporting to the Mine Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring and coordinating the day-to-day maintenance, installation, and repair of plant equipment and machinery; and for supervising and supporting the maintenance personnel.
- Ensure plant reliability through execution of an effective maintenance program
- Supervise and delegate work to maintenance crew and on-site contractors
- Plan down time and organize crew and equipment for scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance; coordinate with the production department to prioritize work
- Coordinate resources, manpower, and materials for new equipment installations
- Manage parts inventory and order all equipment parts
- Maintain repair records for all servicing, maintenance, and repair work
- Determine the cause of breakdowns and make decisions whether to repair or replace
- Enforce compliance with safety rules, policies, and procedures
Skills and Qualifications
- Trades Qualification, or Engineering educational background is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of safety regulations and mining codes
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance supervisor: 5 years (Preferred)