Heritage Skills Development Centre (HSDC) is seeking a dedicated individual with a strong background in coordinating large-scale community festivals and events. This individual will provide leadership in the planning, managing, coordination, marketing, communication and evaluation processes of the events..
- Create the festival fundraising goals and participate in soliciting funds to meet these set goals.
- Work with HSDC’s management team to organize fundraising plan and raise funds for the festival
- Use own creativity to market the festival and promote sponsorships, including to the various media, corporations, and other interest groups
- Help to plan and coordinate entertainmentas well as vendors
- Prepare correspondence and make presentations in relation to the festival whenever required
- Organize and prepare event promotional materials, and publicize event using various communication strategies
- Supervise, support and manage the festivals volunteers
- Coordinate all festival related activities, including various logistics such as: catering, displays, audiovisual equipment, printing, security, artists, etc.
- Use own creativity to solicit event sponsor (cash and in-kind)
- Stay current or ahead of the curves on event planning, marketing; proactively identify and solving operational challenges and issues that may arise.
- Great team player and the ability to work on fast paced environment
- Prepare reportsand make recommendations for future festival’s improvements.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills combined with good time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and should be able to deliver results, even when required to work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the abilities to interact with a diverse range of people such as donors, sponsors, clients, vendors, suppliers, staff members and volunteers, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and handle any issues that arises
- Should possess problem solving skills, creative, experimental skills with positive attitude and energy
- Abilities to research funding / sponsorship sources
- Ability to solicit sponsorship and work with minimal supervision
- Maintain and build a comprehensive database of industry contacts, vendors, suppliers, donors, etc.
- Experience in event coordination/ planning and a problem solver
- Project Management, planning and fundraising skills
- Positive and enthusiastic leadership skills and the ability to handle pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Superior time management, multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and discretion
- Professional, responsive and positive work attitude is essential, Resourcefulness and flexibility are vital
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse population
- Experience in maintaining, building and enriching business relationship.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer literacy
Salary: To be negotiated
Duration: 8 month contract with the possibility of renewal
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)