LUS Brands is one of the fastest-growing DTC (direct-to-consumer) beauty brands in North America. Backed by Y Combinator, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher), and other well-known venture companies. We manufacture and sell hair care products and accessories for people with wavy and curly hair.
Working on social media has never seemed like work to you—you live and breathe it and have always been a natural at creating engaging, timely content that people love. You have a growth-hacking mentality and are a compelling storyteller and people-connector.
As a curly hair brand, it is essential that you have curly hair or curly hair knowledge for this role. You must innately understand what makes a curly-haired consumer click, watch, comment and (ultimately) purchase. You must also be privy to up-and-coming influencers and trends in the space.
You 'get' social media and recognize that this is more than a 9-5 job. You will need to constantly be monitoring current issues and trends in order to be the owner of each of LUS’ social platforms.
About the Job
Our #1 expectation for this role is that you are able to demonstrate size-able organic social media growth while keeping our community buzzing with engagement. You'll be tasked with stitching together branding and messaging across each platform, creating a cohesive brand experience for every user.
LUS is currently in its fourth year of hypergrowth. You will oversee two hardworking, dedicated individuals: the Social Media Coordinator and Community Manager. Both need guidance, strategy, vision, and mentorship to allow them to be successful in their roles. Because of this, leadership experience will be critical in this role. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: O
- Develop, implement and manage LUS’ social media growth and engagement strategy
- Demonstrate exceptional performance in two social media KPIs: follower growth and engagement
- Measure and report on the success of each channel
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices, technologies, and trends
- Keep a keen eye on other curl, hair, and beauty brands, utilizing social listening tools to keep senior management informed on critical competitor actions/growth
- Work with content team to ensure all social content is on-brand in terms of design and messaging
- Monitor social SEO and user engagement to suggest content optimizations
- Work closely with the Content Manager to make any piece of 'hero' content work for different social platforms (Instagram feed, Instagram stories, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok etc.)
- Implement ‘growth hacking’ strategies to quickly and organically increase followers/subscribers
- Oversee the current Social Media Coordinator and Community Manager, providing guidance, mentorship, and strategic direction for their respective roles
- Help guide the brand tone and unique offering on each social platform.
You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience in a similar role with at least 2 years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, journalism, or similar field.
- Intimate knowledge of the curly hair space.
- A proven track record for scaling brand's social media accounts, ideally for a brand that is digitally-native and ‘Instagram-worthy’ (like LUS!).
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, and Pinterest as well as social media management tools such as Sprout and Later.
- Experience leading teams of designers, content creators, and social media coordinators to effectively execute social growth strategies.
- Impeccable writing and proofreading ability—you must be able to adapt to our brand tone and write as the brand on a daily basis. You also must be a skilled storyteller that can turn 'diamond in the rough' UGC into engaging, interesting posts.
- Must have a strong eye for good design with basic skills required to execute simple design projects in Canva. Basic video editing skills is a plus.
- Must be detail-obsessed and extremely organized
LUS Brands is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- Social Media Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- People Management: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)