We are seeking long-term music instructors for our school in Hespeler, Ontario.
Skills - Candidates should be:
Requirements - Candidates must have:
- expertise in at least one of the following instruments: Piano, Guitar, Voice, or Drums.
- prior experience teaching music in a similar setting.
- professional education & qualification (College, University, Conservatory, or other accredited institution) or demonstrated experience
- experience working with children
Candidates may have:
- fluency in more than one language
- expertise on multiple instruments
- Meeting with students at the School’s location to supervise and instruct them in music theory, practice, and performance;
- Preparing and instructing all lessons/classes to the best of their ability with focus on the customers goals (including exams, recitals, enjoyment, etc.);
- Completing all records or necessary documents and paperwork necessary to the operation or the School's business as it relates to the students or the instructor;
- Acting, speaking, and dressing in a professional manner while working, communicating with clients or engaging in any other activity involving or representing the School;
- Frequently communicating with parents/guardians/families regarding student(s) progress, scheduling and events of the employer;
- Thoroughly preparing for and attend all lessons/classes in a timely manner;
- Participating and assisting in a minimum of two (2) student performances per school year, September through June.
- Teach online from home, if required, and as necessary if school must close to the public due to inclement weather, national emergencies, etc.
Candidates should be prepared to travel to downtown Hespeler regularly for this position. The starting rate will be negotiable depending on the candidate's qualification and experience.
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
Instruction will take place online until September 2021 when in-person lessons are scheduled to resume.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Please list your availability to teach from Monday to Saturday. We are available for lessons 9AM-9PM. Please use the format: Monday 3PM-9PM, Tuesdays 10AM-3PM, etc.
- Are you fluent in any other languages? If so, please specify.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
- Mandarin (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- Spanish (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19