Provides support for Key Account Managers regarding industry trends, analytical data, and category management functions. Communicates promotions to chain stores and independent accounts using format they require and maintains up to date information for each customer. Develops appropriate customer relations and promotional materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Work with brokers, vendors, customer associates and Key Account Managers to establish monthly promotions and new item pricing.
- Assist in creating promotional batches to set customer pricing and to communicate necessary promotional information to Purchasing with appropriate lead time; also enters custom promotions into customer business system.
- Assists Key Account Manager to communicate needed activities at retail level (store openings, remodels, promotions) and assists Support Sales Staff with promotional events (trade shows conferences, demonstrations).
- Coordinate the administrative implementation of new products, discontinued products and pack size changes, including filling out customer forms.
- Maintain authorized lists, add and delete products as necessary.
- Trouble shoot pricing discrepancies from file matches or short pays as well as identifying and resolving technical requirements of the customer.
- Communicate with the Purchasing Department and Customer Service about Distributions of promotional product in a timely fashion.
- Provide paperwork with all appropriate back up to UNFI Business Analysis Department and/or Accounting Department for account deductions.
- Prepare business reviews and run a variety of reports for accounts or Key Account Managers, including Category Ranking, warehouse availability, and comparative sales reports and out of stock reports.
- Work with Key Account Manager to follow up on exception reports generated with each order, including resolving issues around ordered products that are discontinued, Not Authorized, Not on Bid, Invalid UPC, etc.
- Work with Pricing Coordinator and Key Account Managers to review price changes before sending them out to customers, to update pricing as necessary and to resolve issues related to various pricing programs (for example CLP, EDLP, etc)
Education / Certification:
- Associates Degree or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of products, marketing and sales practices & policies, as well as the ability to coordinate promotional activities and special events
- Understanding of how to generate customer reports
- Two or more years of related experience
- Analytical background in supermarket consumer packages goods industry and/or category management preferred.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work well and effectively with others in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to evaluate data and make recommendations
- Ability to research and verify sales information
- Able to use computer software applications - computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Neat, well organized, and able to meet deadlines.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Richmond, BC (Preferred)