Sola Wood Flowers is looking for a Senior Financial Manager to join our team.
You will work closely with our executive and VP-level team to handle work spanning accounting, finance, and business intelligence for our direct-to-consumer/eCommerce brand - Sola Wood Flowers.
We are flexible around experience level, and comfortable hiring someone with between 2 to 6 years of work experience. Experience in/around DTC & eCommerce is preferred but not required.
Who are we?
At Sola Wood Flowers, we are transforming what artificial flowers can be by providing better flowers for less with our affordable eco-friendly wooden flowers and currently serve over 6% of American weddings annually.
We’re working towards building a modernized $100mm+ vertically-integrated platform selling through direct-to-consumer, owned retail and traditional wholesale channels.
Sola Wood Flowers has grown to ~100 people in less than 4 years and is looking to continue our rapid-growth with the right Senior Financial Analyst.
Our founders have successfully started, bought and sold consumer brands in the past, and are looking to do it again with Sola Wood!
What is our culture like & who is a good fit?
Culture-fit is our #1 factor when hiring!
We have a genuine will-to-win. No work is beneath us if it moves us towards our goals.
We utilize creativity to do more with less - and quickly.
We use data to make decisions. The only “arguments” we get in are about how we should be collecting data, and how we should be analyzing it.
We love learning - every problem is an opportunity to grow.
If you want a stress-free corporate 9-5 job, this isn't it.
If you want to:
Shape a fast-growing company - and scale it to $100mm+.
Drive results with a group of passionate, smart & hardworking fun people.
Work in an environment without politics, busy work, or corporate chicanery.
Participate meaningfully in our growth with an excellent compensation package that is clearly defined via our compensation philosophy.
Then you have come to the right place.
- Help our executive team allocate resources and capital.
- Handle day-to-day bookkeeping.
- Work hand-in-hand with our executive team to tackle mission-critical projects across finance/business intelligence.
- Analyze and work with data to discover business opportunities and improvements.
- Fluent in English
- Relevant degree or certification related to accounting.
- Deep understanding of Quickbooks, 13w models, 3-statement financials, etc!
- Excellent with data. You are an Excel wizard and might have the words VLOOKUP tattooed on yourself. This will be tested, please do not apply if you do not know what VLOOKUP is.
- Are able to provide references as requested. We do not want to waste your time or ours with a potential mishire. Our interview process is detailed & thorough.
- Excellent cultural fit as per our values above.
Examples of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Modeling out liquidity via 13w cash flow model.
- Handling all aspects of financial reporting, including budgeting. You will work directly with our Cofounders.
- Building financial models that show the impact on cash flow of certain initiatives.
- Maintaining our Quickbooks instance, and taking full responsibility for book keeping.
How Our Hiring Works & How We Operate:
- When hiring, we’ll work with you to define the KPIs you’ll be responsible for and set targets. This removes ambiguity around wondering if you’re doing a good job after you start.
- Initial soft interview, then a long-form live technical interview with the appropriate department. Our average time-to-hire from our first interview is ~8 - 10 days. We pride ourselves on timely responses and updates for applicants.
- We run on EOS/Traction. If you’ve used Scaling Up or something like OKRs, you’ll likely slip into Traction easily! If you haven’t used it before, we recommend quickly researching Traction.
- Our compensation philosophy clearly defines how we conceptually think about compensation at our company, our bonus structure, and more. This will be shared with you after our technical interview.
- This position is eligible for our 100% bonus program. This means you would be eligible for up to 100% of your salary in bonus tied to meeting specific performance goals, which are outlined in our compensation philosophy.
- For this specific role, we will walk you through the long-term vision and opportunities that have us excited about this business - and how you fit in. We will show you our current cost structure and where we are headed!
How Much Does This Pay?
Initial fixed compensation will be determined based on your existing relevant experience. It’s a lot easier for us to start someone at a higher compensation level if they have experience in DTC/eCommerce because they can add value more quickly.
Bonus is based on a mix of company performance and individual targets. We work with you to set targets at the start of each quarter. We always send our compensation philosophy document to you that details how everything works prior to our 2nd interview.
Sola Wood Flowers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination/harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Which relevant qualifications do you hold?
- Have you ever created a 13 week model before? Explain.
- Are you familiar with Quickbooks?
- What reports have you put together before?
- What is your annual salary target? (Do not skip this question)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Fluent English (required)
Work Location: In person