SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The incumbent performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties for YWCA Durham, 55 McGrigor Supportive Housing Apartment buildings and works with other caretaking staff at other YWCA Durham sites as necessary.
1. Performs daily, weekly and monthly general cleaning, as per task list, to all indoor facilities of building including but not limited to, sweeping and mopping of floors, vacuuming and window cleaning within the Department
2. Performs complete cleaning of apartment units prior to new occupancy, as per task list
3. Performs seasonal ground maintenance such as snow removal and grass cutting, etc.
4. Performs general repairs and responds to minor maintenance issues i.e. plugged toilets, leaky taps, changing door handles, etc.
5. Works with the full-time Maintenance Supervisor on the implementation of a preventative maintenance program for grounds, equipment and buildings, including manufacturers recommended maintenance on all equipment
6. Observes and reports repairs and maintenance to Housing Manager
7. Collects all garbage and recycling from designated areas and is responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of such areas.
8. Completes work orders, timesheets, and communication memos in accordance with duties.
9. Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of departmental housekeeping and custodial supply inventory
10. Respond in a positive manner to all relevant inquiries from clients, outside contacts, staff, etc.
11. Assists/supports co-workers within the supportive housing team.
12. Attends all staff meetings and training sessions as assigned
13. Performs any other cleaning/light maintenance related duties that may be assigned for the efficient and effective operation of YWCA Durham
14. Performs all in keeping with the philosophical framework set out in the Mission Statement, values and objectives of the YWCA Durham
1. Grade 12 education or equivalent, preference will be given to graduates from a recognized property maintenance and/or custodial/cleaning program
2. 1 year experience in a custodial/maintenance role
3. Certificates of WHMIS and Health and Safety Procedures
4. Physically able to complete all responsibilities and duties, heavy lifting is required
5. Ability to work independently and as part of the YWCA team
6. Understand, respect and maintain the confidentiality of the YWCA and program participants
7. Ability to serve clients and customers in a positive, professional and non-judgmental manner
8. Good organizational, time management, problem-solving and decision making skills are essential
9. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
10. Current CPR and First Aid training is an asset
11. Understand the unique and diverse needs of women and children and be supportive of the YWCA philosophical framework
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.16 to $16.66 /hour
- a custodial/maintenance role: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)