Sowa Tool is currently looking for a seasoned Controller to join our growing team! If you are an experienced and proactive Controller (minimum 5 years' proven experience) with a strong entrepreneurial mindset, exceptional people leadership skills and a passion for driving positive change, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA is an asset. CPA designation required.
Knowledge and Skills: The incumbent must have proven experience in a Controller/CFO/Director of Finance role within a private or publicly held company. An understanding of industrial distribution business model is a plus. Outstanding mathematical and problem-solving skills, along with an entrepreneurial mindset are required. Must be a strategic thinker and planner. Previous hands-on experience with creating and analyzing short, medium and long-term forecasts, financial reporting, developing and leading risk management strategies, and involvement with development of growth strategies is required. Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE). Strong attention to detail is required. Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role is necessary.
Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for advanced business communication.
Nature and Length of Experience: The candidate will have at least 5 years’ proven experience in a senior financial managerial role, specifically within the industrial distribution industry, if possible.
- Contributes to and supports execution of the company’s strategic plan, drives well-defined targets and establishes metrics and systems that maintain accountability and manage risks.
- Oversees company’s risk management, and ensures policies, practices and programs are compliant with ASPE and all other regulations.
- In coordination with the COO, develops and leads short, medium and long-term planning and forecasting processes to provide analytical insight and direction on priorities, opportunities and risks, while also ensuring that challenging realistic plans are established.
- Works with the COO to develop and model the financial impact of long term growth strategies.
- Provides proactive strategic and operative influence on the achievement of the yearly and monthly finance goals.
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial reporting, and oversees the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assesses organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Oversees the financing activities to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting and finance systems and functions.
- Ensures the timely completion and accuracy of the company’s monthly / quarterly financial reporting requirements.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the management team, effective variance and gap analyses and makes actionable recommendations.
- Communicates as necessary to answer questions and inform senior management concerning financial performance and business issues.
- Identifies and drives business improvement initiatives, cost reductions and other high value opportunities to optimize margin improvement, revenue growth and operating expense management
- Participates in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Supervises and establishes procedures relating to proper accounting & revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense reports and timekeeping, and ensures such procedures are correctly followed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- leadership: 5 years (Required)
- accounting: 5 years (Required)