PROGRAM COORDINATOR AQUATICS
YMCA of Niagara Membership Branch – Fort Erie
Minimum Hiring Rate: $19.60/hr plus full YMCA Benefits
Start Date: Immediately
Full Time 40 hours/week, includes days, evenings, weekends & holidays
- Post secondary diploma or degree.
- Current National Lifeguard certification.
- Current YMCA Swim Instructors or equivalent, and LSS Lifesaving Instructors.
- YMCA Canada Aquatic Fitness certification or equivalent.
- Bronze Cross Examiners are an asset and will be required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an aquatics environment.
- Minimum 3 years staff/volunteer supervisory experience.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR[C]– must be a certificate that meets the Health Regulations (St. John’s, Red Cross, Life Saving Society or Ski Patrol)
- A clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Responsible for organizing an efficient swim program in accordance with the YMCA of Niagara Guidelines and Practices, Ontario Health Regulations and TSSA Standards.
- Engages with members to optimize their experience in achieving aquatic goals in order to maximize retention.
- Develop and sustain good member, volunteer, staff and partner relations on a daily basis.
- Assess conflict situations and exercises good judgment in recommending
- Ensure that program areas are staffed accordingly to quickly and efficiently serve members. Act as a back‐up instructor as required.
- Plan and manage departmental budget.
- Human resource management of the staff/volunteer team (recruitment/selection, training, coaching, performance management, recognition).
- Work as a member of the senior staff team to support Branch operations (duty manager responsibilities) and Association initiatives.
- Understand and support YMCA philanthropic initiatives.
- Monitor commitment to service excellence by role modelling and maintaining YMCA SAM 2.1 standards.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of members and participants.
- Ensure that program areas are kept safe, clean and organized.
- Adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individuals YMCA experience.
Quality Focus: Ensures that YMCA programs are superior and identifies issues and acts quickly to resolve problems that threaten quality, service or values.
Outcome Thinking: Understands YMCA outcomes, develops plans and executes strategies to ensure YMCA programs are remaining relevant.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting members, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development.
Planning and Organizing: Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards a solution.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Philanthropy: Demonstrates a personal responsibility for the YMCA as a charity.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, along with documentation to verify completion of Standard First Aid/CPR(C), Criminal Reference Check (or confirmation of initiation) and required qualifications by June 20,2019 at 5pm
Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.60 /hour
- aquatics: 5 years (Required)
- volunteer/supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- LSS Lifesaving Instructors (Preferred)
- YMCA Swim Instructors or equivalent (Required)
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C (Required)
- Bronze Cross Examiners (Preferred)
- National Lifeguard (Required)
- YMCA Canada Aquatic Fitness or equivalent (Required)