Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is currently looking for a Store Co-Manager to join our EPLS Home Hardware Team in Arviat, Nunavut!
The Store Co-Manager for Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is a key position within the organization. This position is assigned to and responsible for providing daily operational support to all aspects of the store’s activities, with a focus on groceries and store merchandising. Daily tasks include but are not limited to providing direct customer service support, offering assistance to all co-workers in all departments as required, in order to maintain optimum customer service. Administrative and functional support is provided to all departments, which includes but not limited to: entering shipments into the inventory management program, stocking shelves, maintaining floor displays, assisting with inventory counts and providing training to newly hired employees.
This role is also responsible for implementing merchandising layouts, store promotions, endcap layouts, planograms, inventory control, maintaining displays, completing competitive price checks and training new staff on merchandising standards.
This is a permanent full-time position that requires permanent relocation to Arviat, NU.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services; maintaining inventories
- Responsible for database management: reconcile physical counts with computer data and resolve discrepancies; Apply product codes, labels, price labels, price tags, etc. for identification/control and POS scanning
- Responsible to promptly & accurately record/count inventories received by air cargo and sealift
- Responsible to update price book and maintain or improve all store systems currently in place
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Responsible for Sealift re-supply coordination
- Some travel may be required
- May be required to attend and conduct presentations
- Other related duties may be assigned by management
- 5+ years of experience in a retail food environment
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role in industry-specific environment is an asset
- Good time management and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to train and motivate staff
- Comfortable discussing, promoting and selling products
- Professional, responsive and possess a positive work attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy
- Excellent teamwork and team-building skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and a self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work in various temperatures, both indoors and outdoors
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Able to provide a clear criminal background check and credit check
Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is a Nunavut based retailer and distributor that provides goods and services to the Kivalliq region. Our core values are based on honesty, hard work, and service to the community. We are proud to provide support and opportunities to the Inuit communities in which we are based.
- Relocation assistance
- Housing subsidy
- Vacation travel allowance
- Northern allowance
- Group benefits - including extended health & dental
- Future development opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.
EPLS hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment based on a review of their qualifications, aptitude, and skill for the position. EPLS does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Grocery Manager: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)