We are seeking a creative, experienced, and organized manager, content creator and a business liaison. You will play a key role in creating new strategies and content to build area recognition and drive traffic to the Bloor West Village businesses. You will promote local shops, services, events and gain followers through innovative social media posts and campaigns.
- Anticipate 20 hours per week
- Curate social media content and arrange appropriate storyboards and schedules.
- Streamline social media content to maintain consistency on the Instagram account.
- Manage communications and conversations with the businesses supported by the BIA.
- Build relationships with influencers and bloggers to bring outside traffic to our community. Use this opportunity to showcase the merchants, tell their stories, and get them fully involved with our social media presence. Your focus will be on building relationships with the surrounding demographics, engaging with them online, and in turn, encouraging them to shop locally. This will create unique opportunities to work with people who support our local identity, increase our online following and support the businesses in our community.
- Gain a solid understanding of the local businesses and their brands.
- Liaise with business owners online and in person to get a sense of their target markets and existing consumer bases.
- Work with the events manager to achieve the goal of bringing more foot traffic to the neighbourhood (primarily in the summer months). Long-term focus to be on returning back to the community and arranging more events that will bring new people to the area while at the same time, showing our appreciation for all the people who shop the neighbourhood already.
- Taking notes at monthly board of director’s meetings.
- Answering emails, calls, to the BIA
- - Digital marketing experience
- - Great writing skills
- - Well versed in various Social Media platforms
- - Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator knowledge is an asset
- - You are able to take and edit videos and photos
- - Knowledge of Bloor West Village and/or BIA’s an asset
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
About Bloor West Village BIA
Bloor West Village BIA – the first of its kind! When a few business owners on Bloor West put their heads together in 1970 to combat the rise of Malls and save themselves from going under, little did they realize that their plans would give birth to a ground-breaking concept.
The Business Improvement Area (BIA) that they established not only gave Bloor West Village a fresh lease on life but provided a successful business strategy that has been replicated globally. It led to the growth of around 80+ BIAs in Toronto and many others in the United States, Germany and Japan. BIA’s now receive money from the city and use it to make the area desirable to visitors. Their main purpose is to help support the area businesses.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Type: Part-time
- Casual Dress
- Flexible Schedule
- Work From Home