Facility Location- Barrie
Work Location - Newmarket
Posting Locations - Newmarket
Department - Barrie Merchandising Team 2
Job Function - Merchandiser
Employee Type - Regular Employee PT Hourly
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
*About This Opportunity\*
Coke Canada Bottling Merchandisers work in local grocery stores helping our clients keep Coke Canada Bottling products fully stocked and available to consumers – keeping beverage sections, end caps, racks and displays filled. Merchandisers are our frontline ambassador, providing superior service to clients and consumers.
*Please review the following video and key requirements: \*
Video Link: Day in the life as a Merchandiser
Must be available to work weekends and 2-3 days during the week
- Must have a valid G or G2 driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Be comfortable lifting up to 50lbs repetitively, and being on your feet for 8+ hours a day
- Maintain and replenish products in store racks, shelves, displays, and coolers by transporting product between backroom/storage room to front-of-store with manual or powered equipment (pallet jack, hand-truck).
- Build, change or remove product displays while adhering to company standards; maintaining product signage; cleaning product space and securing damaged or defective product.
- Repetitively lift, carry and position product (weight up to 50lbs or 22kgs) above shoulder height without assistance
- Consistent kneeling, squatting and reaching above the head
- Manage backroom by organizing stock (product); identifying, monitoring, and reporting inventory levels; evaluating and processing damaged product; re-packing product; organizing backroom materials (i.e., pallets, product shells etc.); completing any required paperwork
- Follow all Coke Canada Bottling and Store policies regarding backroom, display floor, replenishment, equipment, and safety
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area in compliance with Company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to push and pull manual and powered equipment (i.e. pallet jack, hand-truck etc.) containing product loads for a minimum of 100 yards without assistance
- Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for use during working hours
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record with no major violations over the last three (3) years
- One (1) year experience working in grocery, retail, warehousing or related field preferred
- Experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks preferred
- All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada Bottling”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and drivers abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.*
- Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada. com.*
- For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada. com*
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.25 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (preferred)
- Merchandising: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers License (required)