LOGISTICS Lead on the 2020 Relay for Life Newmarket planning committee
Description of the project: The Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay ForLife brings together communities, united by the same goal of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer. These events are also an opportunity to celebrate those who live and have lived in the face of cancer and those moving past cancer.Whether you are cheering on survivors, walking the track or joining in exciting trackside activities, Relay ForLife is an unforgettable event! www.relayforlife.ca
- Support all committee Leads in any event initiatives that require logistics support (securing Relay venue, food and beverage station locations, set up and tear down plans
- Provide materials for all planned events and activities
- Coordinate timing and location of any necessary deliveries and pick-ups for Relay event
THE IDEAL COMMITTEE MEMBER:
- Ability to lift packages over 30 lbs
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Connected within the community
- Team player
Time Commitment: (January 2020 - July 2020)
- Full participation in monthly meetings.
- Additional time to attend community events or additional meetings.
- Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.
- Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer.
- Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
- Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
- Have a positive impact in your community.
- Use your creative instincts to create a memorable and meaningful event honoring those effected by cancer in your community.
- Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
- Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills
- Have fun!
Job Type: Volunteer
- Event Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)
- event logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Newmarket, ON (Preferred)