The Southeast Regional Service Commission is seeking a Economic Analyst to join its Economic Development team for a full time position.
The Economic Analyst reports to the Workforce Development Director and works closely with the Workforce Development Department to provide timely and relevant econometrics data as required by the Labour Market Partnership (SLMP). This position will work strategically in partnership with a wide range of governmental stakeholders, including WorkingNB, ONB, ACOA, secondary and post-secondary institutions, industry associations, employers, and other private and public sector representatives.
This position is aligned with the priorities identified in the Greater Moncton Regional Workforce Strategy 2020-2025 and the SLMP’s goal of building a strong talent pipeline that will continue to foster Southeastern New Brunswick’s economic growth and prosperity.
· Research, monitor and analyze labour market economic data and information.· Design and conduct surveys.· Collect and analyze data using mathematical models and statistical techniques to identify trends, patterns, and correlations.· Develop economic models and forecasts to support decision-making process.· Prepare presentation, reports, tables, and charts summarizing research findings to partners and stakeholders.· Monitor, interpret and forecast local economic and market trends.· Conduct research on Labour Market Information (LMI).· Analyze factors which determine economic growth (i.e. labour force, participation, employment, wages, unemployment and other labour market outcomes).· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide insights and recommendations based on economic analysis.· Stay updated on industry trends and economic indicators.
· Post-secondary degree in Economics or related field of study or demonstrable equivalent of education and experience.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience, preferably in a municipal or regional setting and in the capacity of economic development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English and French.· Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with team members.· Familiarity with conducting economic research, analysis and reporting methods.· Proficiency in data mining and “big data” manipulation and analysis.· Proficiency in statistical software such as Stata, SQL, SAS, GIS, and R.· Proficiency in MS office environment.· Strong technical writer and researcher.· Solid understanding of economic theories and principles.· Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.· Graphic design abilities would be considered an asset.· Attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis.
WORK SCHEDULE : Thirty-five (35) hours per week (Monday to Friday)
SALARY : Competitive annual salary commensurate to education and work experience.
BENEFITS : Comprehensive benefits package is offered including,Health, Dental and Vision plan, Life and Disability Insurance, Pension Plan and Registered Retirement Saving Plan, Employee and Family Assistance Program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 6, 2023
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter by email, fax or mail to the following address : Carole Thériault, Human Resources Coordinator - Southeast Regional Service Commission, 70 Enviro Drive, Berry Mills, N.B. E1G 5X5, Telephone : 506-382-3482 Fax : 506-870-1060 , Email : [email protected] We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Moncton, NB E1C 0P4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06
Expected start date: 2023-12-04