Software Development Manager Position, Cloud Platform
Software Development Manager to manage up to 6-12 developers working in agile squads. Collaborating with Product Leads, other Development Managers, and development team members, you will have the opportunity to own the development and drive our clients future success for your respective parts of the product line.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing expansion and transformation plans.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative work-space
- Career development
- Various social events and team activities
We need you to:
- Work in an agile team with Dev managers, architects,developers, testers, and product owners to build an innovative, high quality, scalable solution
- Hire and mentor developers in your teams
- Research and break down large initiatives into iterative coding tasks
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, share knowledge, and provide mentorship
- Coordinate with other teams to achieve deliver production quality results and achieve optimal production results for the business problems your teams are responsible for
- Research and explore new technologies, external products, and new delivery processes for potential integration into the technology stack
What you bring:
- 8+ years of development experience in Full Stack Web Development (Spring Boot, REST API, Java, .NET, SQL Server)
- 2+ years of development team management experience with large enterprise solutions or cloud-based applications
- Strong OOP skills and sound API design principles, knowledge of software architecture design and requirements gathering
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture and REST web service development
- Passion for mentoring including code/peer review feedback
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent education / work experience
- Desire to be challenged with new technologies
- Working in an Agile environment
- Ability to coach, motivate, lead, energize and manage a team of 6-12 software developers with varying experience levels
- Ability to work with peers to Identify and implement SW development best practices across the entire development organization
- Calm under pressure. Ability to critically assess the situation, form plans based on fact and keep the team focused in high pressure situations
- Help with Grand Rounds Operational Excellence/root cause investigation to improve the products and processes.
Nice to have skills:
- Cloud based distributed system architecture
- Accounting or Auditing concepts
- OAuth and other security / authorization frameworks
- SQL Server, NoSQL databases
- Microservice architecture
- Docker, Kubernetes, or other container platforms
Job Type: Full-time