Calgary Immigrant Educational Society (CIES) has grown from a small volunteer-led initiative to more than 150 staff not-for-profit charitable organization with three locations in northeast and southeast Calgary. CIES is devoted to assisting immigrants and low income Canadians through various levels of language and employment training and settlement programming.
Reporting to the Manager of HR and Office Operations, the Human Resources Coordinator assists with the day-to-day administrative operations of the human resources functions and duties, and contributes to overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Human Resources department. The Human Resources Coordinator also supports the implementation of organizational policies and best practices.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain HR related files and records; periodically audits the database and employee files to ensure accuracy
- Support the HR manager in building human resources policies
- Assist in recruitment, payroll and onboarding processes
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential
- Provide secretarial support to the manager of HR & Office Operations
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing required results as needed
Knowledge and skills:
- Generalknowledge of various employment practices, Alberta Employment Standards and labour codes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to efficiently multi-task and schedule work
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Above average computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and online tools
- Detail-oriented, thorough and able to monitor work for quality
- Highly adaptable and flexible in response to change of tasks or conditions and effectively deals with unexpected events
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to management direction and feedback positively
Highly motivated to achieve and demonstrate responsible behaviour
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner
- Strong work ethics and able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to participate in a highly team-based environment
The successful candidate has completed the Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or an equivalent combination of certification and experience. At least 1 year of experience in the HR supporting role is required. Prior working experience in a non-profit sector would be considered as an asset.
Hours: full-time, 40 hours/week
Duration: June 17, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Schedule: Monday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Eligible for group benefits after probation
If the above job posting suits your career goals, and you have the qualifications and skill sets we are looking for, please apply directly on Indeed.ca by sending your cover letter and resume. Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for taking the time to send us your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- HR: 1 year (Preferred)
- fully cycle recruiting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Required)